Google is known for its best search results and it wants the user to be happy when they visit your web page if they don’t then google will soon unlist your webpage from that SERPs. And, On page SEO is the only way that Google can understand that your webpage users area unit happy is once they’re engaged.
In this on page SEO guide, I’ll give you tips that improve your search traffic, tips to score 100 out of 100 in On-page SEO metric with a checklist, boost your rankings, and create off-page SEO plenty easier for you.
So, Let’s start-
What is On page SEO?
On-page SEO is a very very important part of SEO. It is all about the efforts taken to increase search engine visibility of an individual webpage or make a webpage (page/post) able to rank in the SERPs. It is also known as “On-Site SEO”.
In this we write content in keeping a keyword in mind and make it fully SEO optimized.
- meta tags,
- post anatomy,
- image optimization,
- rich content,
- quality, and
- internal linking.
Let’s understand all of them individually:
Keywords are one of the most important things in digital marketing (SEO). Before writing on any topic you should have a focused keyword in our mind which we’ll be going to target.
Keyword is searched query which decide your traffic volume and rank in SERP.
You may also like this: How to use Keywords (Keyword Incorporation)?
So your focused keyword should:
- appear in your title,
- appear in your URL,
- appear in your meta description,
- appear in your first paragraph or in the first 10% of the content,
- appear in the whole article with a density of 2-4% which means if your content is 100 words long then your focused keyword should appear 2-4 times in your content (title, meta, URL, & image ALT are not inclusive,
For example, we search “what is SEO” then the first result we saw is given below. Look it carefully, their focused keyword is SEO and it appears in the title, URL, meta, and tags a well.
Meta tags are the tags which gives information about your content to the user. These are the most useful thing in on-page SEO.
The main meta tags which are useful while writing blog post are:
Title tags refer to the title of a document or a web-page which is going to be shown in the title bar of a browser.
It is very useful an the first thing when we start writing anything i.e. “TITLE”.
It is the first thing seen by your user so it must be interesting, meaningful, unique, clear, descriptive, and less than 60 characters because Google and other major search engines usually prefer short URLs.
Simple title code:
<title> My inquisitor </title>
Description or Meta Description
The meta description is what search engines use to measure what topic you’re writing regarding and therefore the actual audience that they ought to send thereto page. It should be short, descriptive, and make sure that it shouldn’t more than 160 characters.
See the meta description preview in organic searches.
This topic is the only topic that I include in each and every SEO topic because of the speed of a web page matter. Your web page should load within 2 seconds if it isn’t then what are you waiting for? fix it with the help of this article.
You can learn more about from this article Want to speed up your WordPress website for more traffic?
Post anatomy plays a very important role in on-page SEO. I found a very useful infographic that describes post anatomy and guides you on how to write a perfect blog post.
You may also like this: Post Anatomy: The perfect blog posts writing guide in 2020
Image optimization is not just about compressing image size, it is a very important part of SEO writing. It consists of many things.
Google and other major search engines don’t read images but they have an area that is fully dedicated to the images.
So during uploading images to your blog post remember these things in your mind.
- your Focus Keyword found in image alt attribute(s),
- Focus Keyword found in image caption attribute(s),
- give your image a meaningful name,
- describe your image in description attribute(s).
You may also like this: Always use optimized images
Rich and quality content
“Content is king” well said by Bill Gates.
Your content is your main thing so try to make your blog post unique and attractive.
Follow this checklist to make content and attractive.
- do research on your keyword,
- read related articles,
- read related books,
- check the plagiarism of your post.
- try to write in your own words.
- use short paragraphs.
You may like this: Content is king
It is a type of a hyperlink by which user can visit one web page to another within the same website.
Internal linking is a basic thing and plays an important role in increasing your website’s DA-PA score. According to me, every blogger should have a habit of deep internal linking.
For on page SEO internal linking helps the search engines to make an idea of the structure of your website.
Also Read this: Post Anatomy: The perfect blog posts writing guide in 2020
On-Page SEO Checklist
So, here is the on-page SEO checklist which you are waiting for. You must follow this checklist while writing either page or post whatever it is.
You’ll always write by keeping this checklist in mind and the checklist includes that:
- the focus keyword(s) should appear in your title,
- the focus keyword(s) should appear in your inside SEO Meta Description,
- the focus keyword(s) should be used in the URL,
- the focus keyword(s) should appear in the first 10% of the content,
- the focus keyword(s) should found in the whole article with a density of 2-4% which means if your content is 100 words long then your focused keyword should appear 2-4 times in your content (title, meta, URL, & image ALT are not inclusive,
- the focus keyword(s) should found in the content,
- the focus keyword(s) should found in the subheading(s),
- the focus keyword(s) should found in image alt attribute(s),
- a number should appear in your SEO title (present year).
- at least 3-4 internal links should appear in your content,
- at least 2 external links with DoFollow found in your content,
- your URL (permalink) must be interesting, meaningful, unique, clear, descriptive, and less than 60 characters,
- you should use a table of content,
- you should use short paragraphs,
- your content should contain images and/or video(s).
- you should use Original images.
- Try to add a positive or negative sentiment in your title and meta description.
Now I’d Like to Hear From You
Now I’d prefer to hear what you have got to say: Which tip from today’s post does one need to do first? Leave your answers in the comments section or mail me.