Here are some important things that a PHP intern should know:
- Basic PHP syntax: PHP is a programming language, and it is important for a PHP intern to have a strong understanding of its basic syntax, including variables, data types, loops, and conditional statements.
- PHP functions: PHP has a large number of built-in functions that can be used to perform various tasks, such as string manipulation, date and time calculations, and file handling. A PHP intern should be familiar with these functions and know how to use them effectively.
- PHP frameworks: There are many popular PHP frameworks, such as Laravel and CodeIgniter, that can be used to build web applications more quickly and efficiently. A PHP intern should learn about these frameworks and how to use them to their advantage.
- Database integration: Many PHP applications involve working with databases, such as MySQL or MariaDB. A PHP intern should learn how to connect to and query databases using PHP, and how to retrieve and manipulate data using SQL.
- Security: Security is an important aspect of web development, and a PHP intern should learn about common security vulnerabilities and how to prevent them. They should be familiar with best practices for writing secure PHP code, such as input validation and sanitization.
- Problem-solving: As with any programming language, PHP requires a strong problem-solving ability. A PHP intern should be able to troubleshoot and debug code, and be able to think critically and creatively in order to solve complex problems.